The Algorithms for Lattice Fermions package provides a general code for the finite-temperature auxiliary-field quantum Monte Carlo models.
ALF simulates any model that can be written in terms of sums of:
- single-body operators,
- squares of single-body operators, and
- single-body operators coupled to an Ising field with given dynamics.
Choosing from predefined types or defining their own, the user can specify:
- the model,
- the Bravais lattice, and
- observables (equal-time and time-displaced).
ALF makes full use of the computational resources available, boasting:
- parallelization via MPI and OpenMP,
- near-optimal single-core performance, and
- restart facilities.
Users can count with:
Among other facilities, ALF provides:
- parallel tempering,
- ground state projective QMC, and
- global Monte Carlo updates.
ALF’s code is available from our Git instance at https://alf.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de where one can also sign in to file issues.